Sunday, May 26, 2013

Random Updates

A few random updates:  I am just returning from a beautiful weekend in the wonderful city of Boston- I love that place.  The weather was definitely not Memorial Day weekend like, but that's ok.  My husband ran a 1/2 marathon and killed his PR by 12 minutes- awesome.  We also celebrated my birthday with some fantastic pizza in the North End- also awesome! 

I did a lot of walking this weekend, sort of hoping it would jump start me into labor- it does not appear to have worked as of yet! 38 weeks! Contractions start....then stop. One of these days they will stick! I'm ready...or as ready as one can be.  I am looking forward to meeting this little person.

At home, the garden is started but it's been a bumpy start to the season.  Huge swings in temperatures around here have brought plants out only for them to be rushed back in...or forgotten to be rushed back in (oops).  Spinach, green onions (from re-sprouting my onions from the grocery store!), tomatoes, green beans and potatoes have been started.  I do not have a green thumb, but I'm hopeful for this season!

Our CSA starts in just a few weeks....I am looking forward to it!  The meat we have been buying from a local farm has been working out well....I even made homemade potstickers with the ground pork and they came out both delicious and guy approved. One of these days I will get around to posting the recipe I used.

So, that's it for now! Hopefully, I will have a new bundle to update you on in the coming weeks and some success stories from the garden.  Until then, have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.  Thank you to all those who have served!   

No comments:

Post a Comment